Region Vice Presidents Jeff Gomon and Dave Brighton are at it again! Are you planning on driving to this years’ O’Fest in Warwick, Rhode Island and love the idea of caravanning with fellow club members? Well, here’s your chance—they’ve planned a wonderful route. If you’d like to travel in style and safety with a group of other road-trip loving die-hard BMW enthusiasts, please see the details provided by Gomon and Brighton below. Even if you don’t start in the same location, they’ve included their route and stops from Lincoln, Nebraska to O’Fest so you can join them en route.
The caravan will depart at 1 p.m. on Sunday, September 24th from BMW of Lincoln in Lincoln, Nebraska. We will stop for the night at the Quality Inn in Coralville, Iowa located one block South of Exit 242. Feel free to join us at any point along the route. Sunday’s route will be approximately 300 miles (4 hours, 30 minutes).
Day One Route: https://tinyurl.com/4um88fkt
Monday, September 25th we will depart Coralville, Iowa at 8:00 a.m. We will continue east on I-80, with those we have picked up along the way, and some of our friends from the Iowa Chapter, including fellow Regional VP David Brighton and his wife Becky. We’ll stop for the night at the Travel Lodge by Wyndham in Hubbard, Ohio, just East of Youngstown at Exit 234B (Hwy 62). There will be fuel stops every 250 miles, with the first stop being the Grant Street Exit 9 near Gary Indiana. This stop is a few miles before we hop on the 80/90 Indiana Toll Road and will be a great place to meet up with any Windy City Chapter members joining us. The second fuel stop will be the Commodore Perry Service Plaza at mile marker 100 on the Ohio Turnpike. Monday’s route will be approximately 615 miles (9 hours, 15 minutes).
Day Two Route: https://tinyurl.com/bddwxnmn
Tuesday, September 26th the group will depart Hubbard, Ohio at 8 a.m. and again head East on I-80 to Love’s Travel Stop, our first stop for fuel. After filling up, we head North East on I-81 to I-84. Our second fuel stop will be the Sunoco Gas Station, in Middletown, Connecticut. This will be our last stop before our destination at the Crowne Plaza, Warwick, Rhode Island. Tuesday’s route will be approximately 566 miles (8 hours, 45 minutes).
Day Three Route: https://tinyurl.com/5yvp98pv
- You are responsible for booking your own rooms (there are no group discounts). All the hotels, gas and food locations listed are less than three blocks off the interstate route
- Some of the vehicles in the caravan have limited range so fill-ups at 250-mile intervals will be required.
- There is a possibility we will be picking up other club members along the route, and it is encouraged, but the caravan must remain on pace and on time, so the responsibility of those joining will be to meet along the route and coordinate ETA’s at specific locations with Jeff Gomon or Dave Brighton. Phone numbers are below.
- Speeds will be no more than GPS-verified 9 mph above the posted limit and no shenanigans would be appreciated!
- The goal is to not draw attention from law enforcement to our group and have a fun and safe trip!
- We will provide a #hashtag to the group to share pictures with everyone as we progress.
To RSVP or ask questions, please reach out to Gomon or Brighton:
- Jeff Gomon (402-613-6914, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dave Brighton (515-570-5549, email@example.com)
[Title photo by Mike Bevels. Jim Gerock, Dudley Williams, and Clay Weiland caravan to the Vintage.]