The National Capital Chapter of the BMW CCA is currently in the midst of hosting its winter sim-racing series. This season, the BMW M8 GTE race car is being used with a fixed setup.
The season is held over a twelve-week period from December 2 until February 17, with seven events remaining on the schedule, including famous circuits such as Sebring, Long Beach, Sonoma, Spa-Francorchamps, and Le Mans.
The National Capital Chapter’s sim-racing series is open to all BMW CCA members; prizes will be awarded to the season winners. Additional information can be found on the chapter’s dedicated sim-racing website.
- Car: BMW M8 GTE
- Time of day: varies between locations
- Weather: automatically generated
- Track condition: 20–30% track usage to start the session, carried over, but the marbles will be cleaned between sessions
- Fuel level: 11 gallons maximum
- Setup: Fixed
- Fast repairs: Two
- Start type: Rolling start on official race (unofficial practice race start may vary)
- In-racing incident penalty system (i.e. drive-through penalty): First 17x then every 8x thereafter
- Races dropped: Two
- BMW CCA membership is not currently required to join the league (however, this may change in the future).
- You must join our iRacing league to participate. Please search and apply under BMW CCA NCC League in iRacing.
- You must have iRacing Road Racing license class of D or higher and a safety rating (SR) of 00 or higher to be accepted into the league.
- You must have a good, working headset with a microphone to participate in order to communicate with other drivers. Please do a mic check when you join the session.
- You must run Crew Chief as your iRacing spotter.
- You must also run Trading Paints to display the required sponsor stickers on your car.