The newly established M Chapter is headed to the BMW Performance Center in Thermal, California, on December 5 for our first west-coast M Chapter Club Day event of 2021. The Performance Center provides current model M cars, instructors, gas, tires, lunch, and a first-class facility for a fun-filled day at the track. Just show up ready to drive!
The focus of this event is on improving your driving skills and having fun through a combination of driving exercises, classroom instruction, and competitive events. No helmets or previous driving school experience are required. All skill levels are welcome and encouraged to attend.
For this event, two drivers pair up and share a car. This provides plenty of drive time for both participants and allows passangers to focus on the technical aspects of the excercises. This format provides an great mix of learning and driving. Don’t worry, you will be exhausted by the end of the day.
We can also offer drivers a car to themselves for the entire day. No sharing, you will drive all day for $1,590.
This school is a special program designed by the Performance Center staff specifically for BMW CCA chapters. It includes instruction on proper driving position, vehicle dynamics, car-control skills, weight transfer, oversteer/understeer, and improving your vision. The day is divided into morning and afternoon sessions which mix skill exercises and competitive events, including skid pad wet/dry courses, braking and handling practice, autocross, lapping, and more.
We will be driving current model BMW M Cars for this event. Please note that the Performance Center staff continually makes changes to this program, so session contents and the M cars available may vary from one school to the next.
The event hotel is TBD.
Enter the registration queue for the M Chapter Club Day at BMW Performance Center West
Sunday, December 5, 2021
- 8:00 am Meet at BMW Performance Center West, located at the Thermal Club.
- 8:15 am Driving activities begin.
- 5:00 pm Driving activities end.
The Fine Print. Please read carefully.
- Slots will be first-come, first-served to all qualified M Chapter BMW CCA members.
- If you are not a current M Chapter member, please contact BMW CCA Headquarters or register online to become a club member and/or a member of the M Chapter.
- The event coordinators only accept applicants into this school through the MotorsportReg.com registration site.
- Acceptance into this event will be made starting on or about August 1st, 2021 by the event coordinator.
- Registration on this site does not constitute acceptance into this event. It places you in the registration queue and on the wait list.
- All drivers must be at least eighteen years old and have a valid driver’s license to drive the M cars. Sorry, no exceptions.
- The cost of $795 per day per driver per seat and includes driving Performance Center M cars, tires, gas, instructors, and lunch at the Performance Center.
- Travel expenses, meals, and lodging costs are the responsibility of the attendees and not included in the $795 event registration fee.
- You do not have to own a BMW or M-car to attend this event. (However, be prepared—you may want to purchase one when you return home!)