Following the success of a pilot program run during July and August, BMW NA has announced the addition of a third performance driving venue in the U.S. at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The facility is set to celebrate its grand opening during the summer of 2022, and is being referred to as a BMW M Driving Experience Center.
The venue at Indianapolis Motor Speedway joins the BMW Performance Centers in Thermal, California, and Spartanburg, South Carolina, which have both enjoyed success since their establishment. A render of the BMW M Driving Experience Center at Indianapolis Motor Speedway can be viewed below. The facility will sit on 1.5 acres of land and host more than 14,000 square feet of floor space which will be used to display a BMW M model in addition to being used for a product area, meeting areas, office space, and training space. The second floor is of the open-air rooftop design, which makes it the perfect setting for a hospitality area with a view of turns three and four of the track.
“The new BMW M Driving Experience Center at Indianapolis Motor Speedway extends not only our valued partnership with one of the most iconic motor sports venues in the world, but also allows us to formally expand our experiential and instructional classes to a totally new region in the U.S. market,” said Uwe Dreher, vice president of marketing, BMW of North America. “The thrilling performance of a BMW M vehicle is best experienced from the driver’s seat—an experience made even better at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.”
The first programs to be offered at the new BMW Performance Center will include the following:
- M Track Experience
- BMW’s M Track Experience, well known from the brand’s Performance Centers in Thermal, California and Spartanburg, South Carolina, comes to the Midwest for the very first time at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. This is an instructional experience that familiarizes participants with track driving.
- M Track Days
- A robust track driving experience taught by BMW Performance Driving School instructors, instructing participants how to bring BMW M vehicles to the absolute limit.
- M4 GT4 Experience
- An immersive, full-day experience centered around the BMW M4 GT4 race car, complete with classroom and real-world track instruction.
- Test Drive Experiences
- A variety of BMW and BMW M vehicles will be available for test drive sessions daily during activation windows.
- Test drives will include both M performance driving and xDrive off-road challenges in BMW’s X Series Sports Activity Vehicles.
Those interested in attending a program at the BMW M Driving Experience Center at Indianapolis Motor Speedway can monitor the BMW Performance Center website in the months prior to next summer for dates and availability.—Alex Tock
[Photos courtesy BMW AG.]