The BMW Performance Centers in Spartanburg, South Carolina and Thermal, California are known for hosting a great time, but for those living in the middle of the country, traveling to and from one of them constitutes quite the journey. That’s why for select days throughout the remainder of July and August, BMW is bringing its performance driving programs to Indianapolis Motor Speedway (IMS) in Indianapolis, Indiana. The experience hosted at IMS includes a range of different activities in conventional BMW models, M vehicles, and BMW M racing vehicles. The consumer events began on July 8, and are scheduled to continue through August.
The range of offered activities includes the following:
- M Track Experience
- BMW’s M Track Experience, well known from the brand’s Performance Centers in Thermal, California and Spartanburg, South Carolina, comes to the Midwest for the very first time at IMS. This is an instructional experience that familiarizes participants with track driving.
- M Track Days
- A robust track driving experience taught by BMW Performance Driving School instructors, instructing participants how to bring BMW M vehicles to the absolute limit.
- M4 GT4 Experience
- An immersive, full-day experience centered around the BMW M4 GT4 racecar, complete with classroom and real-world track instruction.
- Test Drive Experiences
- A variety of BMW and BMW M vehicles will be available for test drive sessions daily during activation windows.
- Test drives will include both M performance driving and xDrive off-road challenges in BMW’s X Series Sports Activity Vehicles.
- Custom programming
- An array of curated experiences, such as corporate events, will be available at IMS during the BMW Driving Experience.
More information about the BMW Performance Driving School can be found at the official website, in addition to the booking calendar for all three locations including Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Before you secure a reservation, however, make sure your local chapter isn’t hosting an event of their own first.—Alex Tock
[Photos courtesy BMW AG.]