Now is the time to finalize your plans for the IMSA weekend at the Virginia International Raceway! The BMW CCA will have a fantastic trackside corral and hospitality area hosted by the National Capital and Tarheel Chapters on August 23–25. Make sure to sign up now to guarantee your spot! Several deadlines are fast approaching—July 24 for lodging, and July 30 for corral tickets.
This is always an incredible race weekend as club members cheer on BMW Team RLL, Turner Motorsport, and Bimmerworld! Last year’s M8 GTE victory in GTLM was spectacular to watch, and you’ll want to be there firsthand to witness another.
Attendees can look forward to:
- Dedicated parking area for all BMWs
- Sunday Parade laps: drive your BMW on the track
- Hospitality tent with tables, chairs, live TV feed, and of course shade
- Full catered lunch on Saturday and Sunday, and snacks and drinks throughout the day
- Door prizes, guest speakers, and more
- Q&A sessions with BMW race teams and motorsport product specialists
- Grand Prize giveaway: M School at the BMW Performance Center
The club’s hospitality tent is the best place to enjoy the IMSA weekend at VIR! You can get your tickets for the corral here on the VIR website.
The chapters have secured a small block of Queen rooms at Berry Hill Resort in South Boston, Virginia. With limited vacancies in nearby Danville, Berry Hill is easily one of the nicest hotels within an hour of the race track.
Please mention BMW when placing your reservation; the queen room rate is $275 per night (including $15 resort fee, breakfast, internet, and parking). A minimum stay of two nights is required and taxes are not included. Reservations within the room block will close when the block becomes full, or on July 24, 2019, so please book your room ASAP.—Chris Hennecy
[Photos courtesy BMW AG, BMW CCA.]