The National Capital Chapter’s largest event is finally here! Chapterfest 2019 will be held on Saturday, May 11, at Summit Point Raceway, a short drive from the Washington DC area. The chapter has a full day of fun events planned, and a huge turnout is expected!
Here’s what’s in store:
- HPDE sponsored by Craftsman Auto Care: Whether you’re an experienced track rat or first timer, NCC’s driving school will satisfy your need for speed on the Summit main circuit.
- Autocross sponsored by RRT: NCC points event No. 2 will be held on the Washington circuit, one of the longest autocross courses in the area.
- Tour de Summit sponsored by BMW of Sterling: Starting at BMW of Sterling, we’ll hit some of the best back roads in the area as we head to Summit Point and join everyone at Chapterfest.
- People’s Choice Car Show: Come show and vote for your favorite ride!
- Do-It-Yourself Lounge sponsored by BMW of Annapolis: Sign up for one of several tech sessions throughout the day.
- BMW Performance Center hot laps: Mike Renner will briskly chauffeur members around the main circuit in an M5 Competition with over 600 horsepower.
- End-of-day catered BBQ dinner sponsored by Radial Tire/Michelin: The chapter will cap off a full-day of awesomeness by breaking bread with fellow BMW enthusiasts.
NCC highly encourages everyone to sign up early for each event as some have limited availability. Registration is required via Motorsportreg, so sign up now to guarantee your spot.
Lodging: NCC has a block of rooms at Holiday Inn Express Winchester at $70/night (normally $109/night). All reservations must be booked by Tuesday, April 23 to take advantage of the special rate.—Chris Hennecy