The National Capital Chapter Driving-School Steering Committee will host a combined high-performance driving school, club race, and autocross at Summit Point Motorsports Park at the end of September.
Aside from high-performance driving and racing, this event is a way to thank our veterans and raise awareness of the challenges they face in their daily lives. We will also have local recruiters on hand to discuss today’s military capabilities and opportunities for those who are interested.
All excess proceeds from this event will go to Racing for Heroes, a Virginia-based charity that empowers veterans to deal with seen and unseen wounds of war by filling in the gaps of scarce government resources in an effort to end veteran suicide. See https://www.racingforheroes.org.
Planned Activities for Saturday, Sep 30:
- Morning Drivers’ Meetings
- Charity Laps
- Posting of the Colors by local Honor Guard
- Air Force Flyover
- Two BMW CCA Club Races
- Presentations on Behalf of Veterans
- Fundraising (50/50 raffle, charity auction, and door prizes)
If you wish to donate to our selected charity, attend Saturday’s dinner, sign up for a charity lap, or purchase a commemorative T-shirt, please go to msreg.com/NCCTribute. If you have ideas or ways to support this event, please contact any of the following volunteers:
- Gordon Kimpel , NCC Sponsor Coordinator: email@example.com
- Sean McKenzie, Promotions Director BMW Club Racing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike Saul, NCC Event Race Chair: email@example.com
- Dennis Pippy, Event Veteran POC: firstname.lastname@example.org